The first blog post was written exactly on this date last year.
Of course this is not my first blog. Two out of the earlier three blogs were lost to unprofessional hosting services. Unfortunately, in one case I lost half of the posts as well due to my casual attitude towards regular back ups. Now I ensure that I back up regularly even though the blog is now hosted on the server of a trusted service provider.
Another blog that I used to have on blogger platform has been closed down as it was not practicable to have two blogs on the same theme.
I am thankful to all my fellow bloggers and readers for their encouragements and feedback. Hope, your love will continue to shower.
Here are a random selection of ten posts that you might have missed:
1. Bhajiwali’s Husband : My maiden attempt at fiction (short story). Tried to find out a suitable name for the bhajiwali’s husband. But, could not.
2. I see you as you are : Wouldn’t it be a nicer world if we saw individuals as individuals stripping each one from their ethnic, religious or other kinds of stereotyping.
3. Colours of a subzi bazaar: We are all familiar with a typical Indian subzi mandi. But have we ever taken a close look or soaked in its colourful ambiance? Interestingly captioned, this collection of photos captures the moods of the neighborhood vegetable market.
4. It takes all the running you can do to to keep in the same place: Certain quotes and lines that linger your mind vaguely may make sense much later. Same thing happened with this line from ‘Alice in Wonderland’,.
5. When the wrapper is considered superior to the gift inside: emphasising the inner over the outer, Sant Kabir, in one of his couplets, says – Jat Na Puchho Sadh Ki Puchh Lijyo Gyan. One should not ask for the caste of a saint but know him from his wisdom. Seen from another context the saying highlights the obsession of the society with the outer.
6. Sunday musings and random notes #5: I have posted a series of lighthearted musings titled ‘Sunday musings and random notes’. This one with a few puns thrown in here and there takes a peak into the Bond movies over the years.
7. My idea of an evolved human being: The title says it all. It is about my idea of an evolved human being. It is what I personally strive to evolve into, in spite of being taken advantage of at times.
8. The Revelation: My attempt at composing a sher in angrezi. A micro poem of just four lines. I could have as well written it here. Then, you would have missed the photo and some insightful comments.
9. Suppose dogs were allowed status update: Another micro read. A funny take on the world of social media update. A short read.
10. Love is in the air: An attempt to explore various flavours of love, including the mundane ones.